CRITICAL_FAULT_INIT_PROPULSION

RMP 210, 220, 440LE, 440SE, 440 Omni
remi

CRITICAL_FAULT_INIT_PROPULSION

Post by remi » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:03 am

I'm working on segway rmp440 using Ethernet communication . the robot shutdown after a while even if it was in
standby mode(there is no red leds)
The error that is mentioned in the log files is: CRITICAL_FAULT_INIT_PROPULSION (we checked the connections and the batteries are charged )
Attached to this post are the fault logs that I pulled off of an RMP. Please let me know if you have any solution.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

phussey

Re: CRITICAL_FAULT_INIT_PROPULSION

Post by phussey » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:32 am

It looks like the system was completely discharged the first time it went down on 5/29; it shows the aux battery at 4.7% SOC which likely means that the propulsion batteries where low as well.

The init propulsion fault you are seeing is caused when an MCU comes up initially but immediately goes down (likely due to low battery).

Have you charged the system? Are all the charging lights green?

Thanks,
-Patrick
PATRICK HUSSEY
Principal Engineer

STANLEY INNOVATION, INC
www.stanleyinnovation.com

remi

Post by remi » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:56 am

yes, we have charged the system,but after a variable time the robot shut down suddenly.
Please let me know if there are other problems that can cause this fault.

thank you for help

phussey

Post by phussey » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:42 am

I spoke with Chris and he indicated the UI charging electronics for the ABB is being replaced. Assuming that you have charged the ABB with some other method, can you do the following:

1. Start the system
2. Start the demo OCU
3. Record the data until the platform shuts down

If the platform is powering up and shutting down after only a few seconds there is likely an initialization issue. Perform the same as above leaving the OCU up and power cycle the platform to catch the first few seconds.

Post the data here and I'll take a look to make sure there isn't something else going on.
PATRICK HUSSEY
Principal Engineer

STANLEY INNOVATION, INC

remi

Post by remi » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:34 am

I have recorded the data
Attached to this post are the data.

Thank you for your help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

phussey

Post by phussey » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:51 am

Everything in that data set looks fine, did you experience the issue while recording the data??

It looks like you powered the machine up, let it sit there for a minute, you power cycled it, and everything came back up normally. I do not see any indication that anything went wrong in the system.

If you can log the data and record the event you are talking about then I might be able to help.
PATRICK HUSSEY
Principal Engineer

STANLEY INNOVATION, INC