No control screen when running Demo OCU

RMP 210, 220, 440LE, 440SE, 440 Omni
philip.freeman

No control screen when running Demo OCU

Post by philip.freeman » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:04 pm

Just got started with our Flex Omni. This is probably something obvious, but I can't think of what to try next. When I run the Demo OCU program it connects and streams data. However, only two of the three screens open on my desktop (Windows 7): the splash screen and the console. Currently, the Kill Switch is released, the status light is green, the power light is blinking amber. The RMP switch is in the ON position. RMP is connected to my laptop via the USB cable. Both the Logitech Joystick and the RMP are appropriately listed in Device Manager.

How do I open the Control Screen?

I've tried running the Demo OCU as admin also, and that made no difference.

sdnalloh

Re: No control screen when running Demo OCU

Post by sdnalloh » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:22 pm

The control screen is only visible if you have selected "mouse" as your input method. In that case the only way to interact with the RMP is via a graphical interface. However, you are using an OMNI, so you will have selected Logitech Extreme 3D as your controller and should have that joystick attached to your computer. In this case you will use the joystick to control the RMP, not the mouse.

The joystick controls are documented in User Manual, but the gist of it is that you enter Tractor Mode by pressing button 4. Then you squeeze the trigger and move the joystick.

Hope this helps,
Greg

philip.freeman

Re: No control screen when running Demo OCU

Post by philip.freeman » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:59 pm

That worked. Would have posted sooner but everyone in the lab needed a turn driving it. :)