RC Control RMP440LE with Spektrum DX7S

RMP 210, 220, 440LE, 440SE, 440 Omni
sgrmp

RC Control RMP440LE with Spektrum DX7S

Post by sgrmp » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:08 pm

I'm trying to control the 440LE platform with the Spektrum DX7S. I wired the rc receiver channels to the J7 connections on the CCU as described in the Hobby Radio section of the 440LE manual. I have not updated/changed the firmware since we've received the platform at the end of last year. We have run the python ocu software and are able to control the platform using that. To my understanding, the receiver channel order does NOT matter when you connect to the CCU. However, I've several combinations in channel with no success.

I've tried several things in an attempt to get RC working, but nothing seems to work. Do I need to command the CCU to use RC control somehow? Do I need the E-Stop button connected while under RC Control? If I attach the E-Stop button, the platform seems to enter a standby state (blinking yellow power LED and solid green status LED) but does not respond to any changes by flipping the Gear switch on the RC transmitter or the Flap switch. The same unresponsive behavior occurs when the E-Stop button is not attached, except the power led flashes a few times and the platform shuts down.

Would it be possible if somebody could post the rc channel values that should be setup in the transmitter as well? For example [ ch 5 should be down 100, up 100. ch 6 should be down 100, up 100 ], I'm not sure what "Land" and "Norm" are for the flap values in the RMP 440LE Hobby Radio Configuration section.

Thanks.

sdnalloh

Re: RC Control RMP440LE with Spektrum DX7S

Post by sdnalloh » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:23 pm

You *do* need the E-stop button attached, otherwise the RMP will not power on, and will blink red and turn itself off every time.

We have designed and tested the RMP to work with a 6-channel Spectrum transmitter/receiver (DX6i transmitter and AR6115 receiver). Because of the way the RC Radio signal is decoded in the CCU, a 7-channel transmitter/receiver will not work. You will have to swap your DX7S for a DX6i and a 6-channel receiver.

Here are the verified settings on my DX6i:

D/R&EXPO
  • AILE 0 100% INH
  • ELEV 0 100% INH
  • RUDD 0 100% INH
TRAVEL ADJ
  • THRO ↓ 100%
  • ELEV ↓ 100%
  • GEAR ↓ 100%
  • AILE → 100%
  • RUDD → 100%
  • FLAP ↓ 100%
SUB TRIM
  • THRO 0
  • ELEV ↓ 8
  • GEAR 0
  • AILE ← 8
  • RUDD 0
  • FLAP 0
FLAPS

Code: Select all

FLAP   ELEV
NORM   0      0
LAND ←↓100    0
MIX1
  • INH
MIX2
  • INH
DIFFERENTIAL
  • INHIBIT

sgrmp

Post by sgrmp » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:38 pm

We've purchased and installed the recommended transmitter and receiver on our RMP (DX6i transmitter and AR6115 receiver) and I've setup the transmitter with the settings you suggested, but I'm still not able to run in tractor mode. Are the gear settings for the switch position 0 - up 100% and position 0 - down 100%, and the flap position 0 - up 0 % and position 1 - down 100% when you toggle those switches in the TRAVEL ADJ section? Is there anything else I can try? Is there any indication from the platform that ANY of my RC commands are actually being used? The only "indicator" that I have is that the platform doesn't go into tractor mode and doesn't move.

Thanks.

sdnalloh

Post by sdnalloh » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:00 pm

Gear is Up 100% and Down 100%
Flap is Up 100% and Down 100%

You should be able to listen in on the RMP's response packets via Ethernet, USB, or CAN. But I have not tested that.

-Greg