Segway RMP 50XL Odometry value problem

RMP 50, 50XL, 100, 200, 400
phussey

Re: Segway RMP 50XL Odometry value problem

Post by phussey » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:05 pm

Hi Akin,

I have identified the issue and the fix. It turns out that you found a bug that has existed since the codebase creation ~10 years ago. Thank you for pointing it out. I will be fixing it and posting a release tomorrow as well as an answer to your question about the propulsion and aux battery state of charge. I will also give an explanation of the bug. We are committed to resolving this issue for you.

Keep in mind that these issues only exists in the deuce board based platforms which have not been actively supported or maintained in the last few years. You might consider upgrading your platform to the new architecture which is much more robust, feature rich, and fully supported and maintained. Chris can provide details if you are interested.
PATRICK HUSSEY
Principal Engineer

STANLEY INNOVATION, INC
www.stanleyinnovation.com

Akin

Post by Akin » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:04 pm

Hi Patrick,

I look forward to get the new firmware. Will it be available at the forum, or is there an other address that I should go?

Yes I might be interested in upgrading the platform. I would be happy if Chris can give me the details.

Best

Akin

phussey

Post by phussey » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:18 pm

It will be posted in the morning, it has taken a bit longer because I have also updated all the tools and demo to work with the newest version of windows and the newest USB drivers.
PATRICK HUSSEY
Principal Engineer

STANLEY INNOVATION, INC

phussey

Post by phussey » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:37 pm

The new release is on the forum, let me know if you have any issues or questions.

http://rmp.segway.com/viewtopic.p ... p=305#p305
PATRICK HUSSEY
Principal Engineer

STANLEY INNOVATION, INC