Checking the battery status

RMP 50, 50XL, 100, 200, 400
phussey

Re: Checking the battery status

Post by phussey » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:56 pm

This zip has the inf and everything that was in the previous post
Segway_RMP_ABB_Demo.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PATRICK HUSSEY
Principal Engineer

STANLEY INNOVATION, INC
www.stanleyinnovation.com

Akin

Post by Akin » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:22 pm

With ABB_demo I can see the battery status. But still rmp_demo shows bad values. Massage 4 of the packet 0x407 is still off.

I think ABB_demo and rmp_demo connect to different devices.

phussey

Post by phussey » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:13 am

You are correct. The ABB demo connects directly to the aux battery board. In the new RMP50XL release, the powerbase CU connects to the ABB via CAN bus and relays the information in the packets sent to the deuce board.I did this so that the information would be included in the existing link so you wouldn't have to write a separate USB driver to get the ABB data.

It appears that the ABB and CU are either not connected via CAN, so you have 3 options:

1. Use the ABB USB virtual comm driver to communicate with the ABB. The interface guide and the ABB_demo explain all you need to do this.

2. Disclaimer: I cannot officially recommend this, it is purely for reference and is done at your own risk.
Check that the ABB CAN is internally connected to CAN_A on the deuce board. When removing the UI box take care not to strain or disconnect wires and use ESD protection. See picture:
RMP50XL_ABB_CAN2.jpg
3. Send the unit back to have it repaired.

Hopefully this helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PATRICK HUSSEY
Principal Engineer

STANLEY INNOVATION, INC
www.stanleyinnovation.com