Segway RMP440 LE and SE
Segway’s RMP440 is a rugged, all-terrain, four-wheel drive mobility platform. Its design empowers today’s mobile robotics developers to easily integrate their own equipment on top of the platform and build a customized application to meet their specific needs. Its specifications speak for themselves.
Two Configuration Options:
Click image to change photo view
This configuration’s large electronics enclosure provides internal and integrated charging power supplies and delivers a charge rate of 0.6A per battery pack and a ~6-8hr. recharge time. The RMP440 LE also provides space for customer equipment within the enclosure and an auxiliary power module that drives up to 3 channels of DC output (5, 12, 24VDC).
Click image to change photo view
This configuration’s small electronics enclosure offers an off-board, high current charging power supply that delivers a 2.1A charge rate per battery pack and a ~2hr. recharge time. It also has a user interface box that may be located anywhere on the chassis depending on the length of the umbilical harnesses as well as two additional channels of DC output voltage.
RMP440 Specification Overview
- Length: 43.5” (110.5 cm), Width: 33.1” (84.2 cm), Height: RMP440 LE - 21.0” (53.3 cm), RMP440 SE - 23.9” (60.7 cm)
- Weight: RMP440 LE - 265 lbs (120.2 kg), RMP440 SE - 235 lbs (106.6 kg)
- Ground Clearance: 4.7” (12.0 cm) with standard gearbox mounting, 11.3” (28.8 cm) with inverted gearbox mounting
- Maximum Payload Capacity: 400 lbs (181.4 kg) Continuous operation on lowfriction surface with wide turns
- All-Terrain Payload: 200 lbs (90.7 kg) Turn-in-place operation on high-friction surface
- Maximum Forward/Backward Speed: 18 mph (8.0 m/s)
- Brushless DC Drive Motors: Four independent and fully redundant drive motors
- Traversable Terrain: Asphalt, grass, rocks, sand, snow and woods
- Turn Radius: 4-wheel skid/tank steer for turn in place capability (Turn-in-place capability and turning radius are dependent on the load conditions, operating surface type, tire friction, etc.)
- Turn Envelope: 51” (129.54 cm)
- Climb/Traverse Grade: 30° Estimated and based on an unloaded platform.
- Wading Depth: 9.7” (24.8 cm) with standard gearbox mounting, 16.0” (40.6 cm) with inverted gearbox mounting
- Charger: Supply voltage: 100-277 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Auxiliary DC Power: Optional - 5V – 100W and 24V – 150W, Standard - 12V – 150W
- Battery Chemistry: Li-ion (LiFePO4)
- Electric Propulsion: Assures virtually silent running
- Run Time: Up to 20 hours (stand by)
- Standard Interfaces: Ethernet, USB and CAN
- Motion Control: Commands received from customer’s host PC, status and performance feedback data provided
- Military Grade Bulkhead Connectors: Standard on all communication and power ports
- Available Open Source demo operator control software and end user upgradeable firmware
- Operating Environment: 32° - 122°F (0° – 50° C) (Storage temperature range is wider)
- Ingress protection: designed to meet IP66/NEMA 4 standards (Batteries must be installed in order for enclosure to be fully sealed)
Would you like to learn more?
For more information or to request a quote for the RMP440 LE and SE, contact us to speak to a Segway Robotics representative or engineer.